Subject: Re: RAM?
From: [email-masked] (Gary Fenton)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 95 14:10 BST-1

In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>

Patrick Lawson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I useing my Amiga 4000 for playback of my animations.  In low res 
>It plays back at 30fps for 3 sec. then it slows down to 15 or 10fps.  Is 
>this just my Amiga or dose this happen to every one?

There are 2 possible reasons for this: The first 3 secs contains little
movement, or the first 3 secs of animation are stored in the fastest bank
of RAM on your Amiga and the rest of the anim is in the slower banks of
RAM. The Amiga intelligently fills up the fastest RAM first and then the
slowest. ie. 32 bit RAM on a CPU card will be filled before RAM on the
4000's motherboard or even slower 16 bit RAM.

========================================================================
Gary Fenton writes for Amiga User| Amiga  4000/060,  20Mb RAM,   1Gb HD
International magazine. Opinions | Vlab Motion  (digital video editing)
expressed are Gary's views alone | Toccata 16 bit audio. Amiga 1200/030
and NOT of the magazines, okay?  | 10Mb RAM, Squirrel SCSI, 165Mb HD :-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LightWave, Scala + Photogenics user, journalist + artist.  Roll on RISC!
== Check out my home page at http://www.demon.co.uk/auimag/gary.html ===

Gary F.  
--
[email-masked] (Gary Fenton) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]